Newsletter to students August 2021
Information Technology welcomes you to the Fall 2021 semester. Here are some helpful tech tips in getting your semester started.
Below is some information about your Loyola accounts. Some things have changed, so if you are a returning student, please review the information below. If you have forgotten your passwords each system will allow you to reset it yourself.
Gmail- Your Loyola gmail account can be accessed by going to gmail.com. Sign in with your full Loyola email address. By default, your password is the first two letters of your first name, the last four of your social security number and followed by lu (abXXXXlu) Important: Set up your account recovery settings so that you can change or reset your password if needed. With your account you have access to cloud storage and Google applications.
SSO- The single sign on is an application portal. Go to sso.loyno.edu. Your username is everything before the @ symbol of your Loyola email address. The default password is the first two letters of your first name, followed by the last four of your social security number. (abXXXX) You will be prompted to enter your password again and required to set up account recovery settings so that you may reset your own password. Lora is the only SSO application where you will need to sign in one time. Use your SSO password to sign into Lora. Important: When using public computers, be sure to logout of the SSO when you are done. Clicking the "X" at the upper right of your browser or closing the tab will not log you out, leaving your account vulnerable.
Microsoft – As long as you are enrolled, you can use Microsoft Office 365 for free. Go to Office.com. Your username is your full Loyola email address. The default password is the first to letters of your first name, the last four digits of our social security number, then an LU (abXXXXLU) If you changed your password already, but forgot it, you may reset it at the Office.com site. If you cannot reset it, use our Loyola email address to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to open a service ticket. Important: If you keep documents on your Microsoft One Drive, copy them to another location before you leave the university. The documents will be deleted when the account is deleted.
Your Microsoft password works on the following systems. Note: If you reset your password, it will automatically change on all of these systems.
1. LoynoSecure wifi - All students will need to sign in to use the wireless network.
2. Papercut -Printing to Loyola campus printers and using Loyola copy machines - Note: This has changed from last year. It is no longer your SSO password.
Find printing instructions here: https://it.loyno.edu/services/student-services/printing-campus
3. Medicat –Healthcare reporting (Get to it through the sso>quicklinks) This will be available soon! Until then, continue to use redcap for reporting medical information.
4. Vlab.loyno.edu- portal to applications found in our computer labs
Getting help from I.T.
1. Use your Loyola email address to send an email to email@example.com. This is the best way to contact us, since it will automatically generate a ticket in our system, helping us to track your request. Detail the problem you are reporting in the body of the email. Be sure to give us your phone number so we can call you. Important: You must use your Loyola email account when emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not use your Loyola account, we will not receive your message.
2. Call the Help Desk at (504)-865-2255 and leave a message. Be sure to speak clearly and give us your phone number.
3. We are located in room 219 of the Monroe Library. Hours M-F 8:30-4:30.