How do I access my Loyola gmail account?
To login to your Loyola gmail account as a new student, follow the following steps.
1. Go to gmail.com [Note: Loyola uses gmail and not Microsoft for email. Trying to access your Loyola email from your Microsoft 365 portal will not work. You must go to gmail.com.]
2. Sign in with the following credentials.
Username: your full Loyola email address ex. Jane Doe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: As a new student, your default password is the first letter of your first name, the first letter of your last name, your birth date, followed by an uppercase LU. flmmddyyyyLU
For ex. Jane Doe born January 1, 2001 (jd01012001LU)
Set up account recovery
It is important that you set up account recovery settings so that you can change your own password if needed.
1. Sign in to your gmail account.
2. Click on your profile icon at the upper right of your gmail window. (This will be a picture or your initial.)
3. Select "Manage your Google Account."
4. On the left side of the screen, select Security.
5. Scroll down until you see "Ways we can Verify it's you."
6. Enter your cell phone and personal email address.
7. Close the Google Account tab and go back to your gmail.