How do I reset my Gmail password?
The Gmail process for password resets should be enough for you to change or reset your password. i.e. "forgot password". To use this feature, you would have had to set up an account recovery option, such as your cell phone number in order to receive a text. See below.
Enter a cell phone recovery number for Google to use for password reset purposes. This can be done by logging in and then clicking on the gear icon on the right side of the window. Select "settings". Select the "accounts" tab and click on "Google Account Settings". Go to "security checkup" and select "Get Started". Here you can enter your cell phone number and/or a separate email address. Google will use this information to communicate with you in the event you forget your password.
If you have problems resetting your password, please leave a message at our help desk (504) 865-2255.
How do I access my Loyola gmail account?
To login to your Loyola gmail account as a new student, follow the following steps.
1. Go to gmail.com [Note: Loyola uses gmail and not Microsoft for email. Trying to access your Loyola email from your Microsoft 365 portal will not work. You must go to gmail.com.]
2. Sign in with the following credentials.
Username: your full Loyola email address ex. Jane Doe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: As a new student, your default password is the first letter of your first name, the first letter of your last name, your birth date, followed by an uppercase LU. flmmddyyyyLU
For ex. Jane Doe born January 1, 2001 (jd01012001LU)
Set up account recovery
It is important that you set up account recovery settings so that you can change your own password if needed.
1. Sign in to your gmail account.
2. Click on your profile icon at the upper right of your gmail window. (This will be a picture or your initial.)
3. Select "Manage your Google Account."
4. On the left side of the screen, select Security.
5. Scroll down until you see "Ways we can Verify it's you."
6. Enter your cell phone and personal email address.
7. Close the Google Account tab and go back to your gmail.