How do I login to my Loyola Microsoft account?
Your Loyola Microsoft account credentials will allow you access to Office 365 (free as long as you are enrolled), LoynoSecure Wifi, Medicat Public Health Portal, LORA Self-Service, and vlab.loyno.edu (lab application portal).
To use your Loyola Microsoft account to gain access to the systems listed above, follow these instructions. Note: It is important to do this before you access the other systems.
1. Go to office.com.
2. Click the red sign-in button on the left side of the screen. (Be careful not to automatically login to a personal Microsoft account you may have. To avoid conflicts with a personal Microsoft account, go to the three vertical dots at the upper right corner of your browser. Select New Incognito Window or New Private Window, then go to office.com)
3. Sign in with the following credentials.
Username: your full Loyola email address (include the @my.loyno.edu)
New Student Password: Use your default password, the first letter of your first name, the first letter of your last name, your birth date, and an uppercase LU. flmmddyyyyLU Ex. Jane Doe was born on January 1, 2001 (jd01012001LU)
Returning Student Password: Use the first two letters of your first name, the last four digits of your social security number followed by an uppercase LU. Ex. Jane Doe with the last four of their SSN as 1234 (ja1234LU)
4. You will be asked to change your password. The current password would be the one you signed in with, in this case, the default. Then you will make up a new password. The requirements are a. at least 8 characters, at least one uppercase letter, and at least one number. A passphrase is also acceptable as long as it meets the stated requirements. (This new password will also be your SSO password.)
5. You will be asked for more information. Click "Next."
6. Enter a recovery phone number and email address. This will allow you to reset your password if needed.
Note: Every time you change your Microsoft password, your password will change on the following systems, as well.
Lora Self Service
Loyno Secure wifi
Papercut printing on campus
vlab.loyno.edu (lab application portal)
Faculty and Staff
All of the above
file server (eshare)